Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Blogiverse

This whole thing about blogs is an enigma to me. I currently have a "blog", but really it's more of a journal. The simple truth is, its really convenient to journal on a blog because it is searchable, and accessible from anywhere, and frankly I type faster thanI write these days. The thing about journals though, it just isn't possible for me to be completely honest with God when I have an audience. The depth of the expression is constantly tempered by asking, who is reading this, what will they think of what I've written, will they hear it as I mean it, is this theologically sound? In my private journal my thoughts are only seen by God and me. There is no fear of discovery, or judgement. I am free to be totally unfettered. So, Journal = PrivateBlog.

Then "we" have this blog, but I don't see any of the fellas posting on the blogs maintained by their wives. Most of them have their own blog available for public consumption, and lets be honest, it's better that way. Girls like to talk about things girls like. Boys like to talk about things that are cool. I mean the ultrasound pictures of our wildly anticipated baby girl just aren't as poignant when I follow them up with the picture of a jet engine, or 16" inch deck guns. No guy in his right mind can continue to focus on baby pictures when there is a jet engine diagram to study. (Secretly, I think the girls care more about the jet engine than the baby too, but I can't prove that.) So, Lesko Chronicles = PublicGirlBlog.

Which leaves me with the option of posting my thoughts to the world on the PublicGirlBlog or starting a 3rd blog. In my mind starting a third blog is kinda like buying a 3rd cell phone. It's just a little excessive.

This ironclad logic has convinced me that I should be posting semiregularly on the PublicGirlBlog. Y'all tell me how this works out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off, I believe blog=journal=diary anyway. No difference.

Now without getting too hung up in the details most blogs allow you to post private that only administrators can see when logged in (not public) and I'd suggest that for your journal if you're looking for searchable yet private yet type-able way to 'journal'.

As far as boy vs. girl vs. couple blogs, Jenny and I don't have a couples blog. We each have our own personal blogs to post whatever we want and sometimes link to one another if we want to share what each other is doing.

That's how we roll and seems to work well for us. The main thing we do jointly, online, is our photos where Flickr acts as a photoblog for our family experiences.

Ashley said...

i think you should post more often on the public/girl/blog. Now I'll leave you to guess who said that, Nick or Ashley. :)