Saturday, March 13, 2010

2 Milestones

Our house is full of excitement with our little ones running around! This last week has been even more exciting, we have had two major milestones one for each!

Let's start with Tristan!



We have a routine for bath time in our house after everyone is bathed Tristan gets to play in the tub while I get Mickaela dressed and ready for bed. He usually starts squealing Mommyyyy!! When he is finished playing. Tonight's routine was the same except when I went in to get him from the tub he was standing up peeing and looked at me like "make it stop!" I pointed to the toilet and said "pee pee in the potty!" he quickly moved to the toilet and proceeded to PEE PEE IN THE POTTY!!!! I can't even begin to describe the joy and elation I had to hold in until he finished, as soon as he did I let out the loudest scream and jump for joy I think he's ever seen! There was a huge celebration dance and of course CHOCOLATE!!!

Now for Mickaela!



Our little miss has been crawling since she was 6 months old and we have expected her to start walking for months now she has had the balance she has been "cruising" the furniture for months. We have been trying to bribe her, show her, and encourage her for the whole time. Last Sunday Mick took Mickaela into our bedroom while I was getting ready for church and started the routine of standing her up and holding out his hands and saying "come to daddy Mickaela". All of a sudden I hear "Millie MILLIE...You missed IT!!!" As I turn the corner into the bedroom I see Mickaela in Mick's arms "SHE TOOK 2 STEPS!!" So of course, we sat her down and it was my turn, "come to Mommy!" and SHE DID!!! Later on that day she took steps for our friends Brandon and Katy. Such a big girl! I can't wait to watch her run I know she will be soon.

I have to say that God is good. I know that these may seem like simple things that all kids learn to do. But for me they are examples of God's grace in my life and a reminder that He is in control even when I wish things would happen in my time. But I must say the wait was worth it and in this case made the outcomes even sweeter!

3 comments:

Alison Treadaway said...

Congrats! Those are both such huge accomplishments! YEAH!!!!

FishBowl said...

Stumbled upon your blog. Congrats with these milestones...more will come.

My daughter is 4 now and more and more I see that God uses my daughter to show me the relation between father and child like being God and me.

And yes..God IS Good

Lewis Clark said...

Oh that's so cute...you are enjoying your life with these two cuties.. Kids are really one of the best blessings from God. I wish i can get the same. Wish you a happy life!