Wednesday, November 19, 2008

I am more than a mom...

So I have realized recently that I talk a lot about kids, pregnancy, and preparing for little miss Lesko. So I thought I would try to blog about something different...probably no pictures to post for this one.

We recently started a home group (I am thinking about this today because we go tonight :)) with some friends of ours Byron & Heather Moore. It has only been 5 weeks now but it is so much fun! I have forgotten how great home group can be, I have not been attending one for about 9 months or so and was a home group leader before that. There are so many things that make home group great, one is that we get to hang out with our friends, the other is I feel like we have found a group where I feel safe, I can talk to them, look stupid, eat lots of food, and feel at home. I guess I just realized that this is something I have been missing for a while. There are many ways that God teaches me, being around other Christians, and feeling safe enough to be honest, is for sure one of those ways.

1 comment:

Ashley said...

good post. wanted to encourage you to keep exploring your identity in all those beautiful things besides being a mom.